More cookies! Runner-up recipes for the 12 Days of Cookies contest – Tulsa World
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
From December 19th through December 26th we will be granting free access as a gift to our readers presented by Bill Knight Automotive
Nicole Marshall Middleton
If you haven’t quite had your fill of cookies yet this year, we’ve got more recipes to share.
After a year off from doing our annual cookie contest in 2020, we enjoyed bringing back our Tulsa World 12 Days of Cookies contest, which was sponsored by OkieSpice & Trade Co. in 2021. We hope you have had a chance to make several of these recipes with friends and family. Here’s a link to get all 12.
The 2021 edition of the 12 Days of Cookies contest is sponsored by OkieSpice & Trade Co.
Here are a few runner-up entries that we thought you might enjoy.Tama Van Horn shared this recipe so that readers would get a sugar-free option for the holidays. We think that using black walnuts was an important distinction since they provide a lot of their own unique flavor.
Sugar-Free Black Walnut Cookies
1 1/4 cups Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream brown sugar, margarine and vanilla (can be done by hand).
2. Blend in egg. Combine flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.
3. Add dry mixture to wet mixture gradually. Stir in black walnuts.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on baking sheet.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-13 minutes for crispy cookies.
Kelli Hill of Grove shared this festive recipe for a white …….